Sunday, October 23, 2011

Around New Eden - Day 9

Region: Great Wildlands

I moved on from UT-UZB to the next system en route...

BY5-V8

One thing I've noticed since being here in Great Wildlands is that I've not seen any traffic through UT-UZB while I was sitting in their studying the map of the region. And then I moved over to this system, BY5, and there's still no traffic. In fact, I'm beginning to think the place is as dead as this desert planet...


7-1DWY

I really enjoy finding a landmark in a system, and I found a 'Ruined Minmatar Outpost' out here...

"Fighting for a nation still in its infancy, the stoic and indomitable people of the early Minmatar Republic suffered frequent and catastrophic losses at the hands of the much larger Amarr Empire. Countless outposts on the edge of patrolled space fell to the scorching lasers of Amarrian marauders. To this day, these structures remain as silent reminders of freedom’s price."


This outpost had a large gas cloud that seemed to have erupted outwards from behind the station, but now was motionless in the vacuum of space.  According to the memorial quote, this was one of those outposts attacked and destroyed by the Amarr Empire.  While taking some photos of the outpost and an Arch Angels ship, I changed some of the graphics settings so that there was less shade and more light. This meant some of the detail could be seen a lot better.



Just before I left 7-1, I received a message over the comms from one of the locals, Nunuuika Avery, who wished me well on my travels. I thanked him. It's great to meet people who wish me well. Makes a nice change from meeting those that want me dead, with extreme prejudice...

TET3-B

In here I found an 'Abandoned Mining Colony':

"Throughout the history of space flight, countless mining corporations have tried and failed to strike it rich among the stars, fuelled by dreams of lucrative profits and grand adventures. All too often, however, these naïve dreams are met with the cold reality of ambivalent police forces and roving pirates that are all too eager to exploit the lax policing."




While taking the photos, I marvelled at the workmanship that had gone into such a structure. I'm finding that as I'm travelling around and witnessing the after-effects of battles and massacres, I'm left saddened at the losses I'm seeing. I know it's all historical, but we all know these things happen today as well - the efforts and lives of a great many people are taken in battle all over the galaxy.

F-5FDA (Scalding Pass)

I moved into F-5FDA. It's actually in Scalding Pass, but I needed to go through it to continue on in GW. I was about to move on, but then I realised there was another Abandoned Mining Colony in this system, so of course I had to go take some photos...



It was essentially the same as one of the abandoned mining colonies I'd found back in Curse. Some things just don't change, I guess...

9-34L5

I found some Natural Phenomena....

"The depths of space are home to all kinds of cosmic anomalies, from concentrations of electromagnetic disturbance to dense clouds of rare gas. These types of areas are valued for the scientific knowledge they could impart. Though they are often dangerous, these phenomena are also the subject of frequent research expeditions."


You know, while taking photos of the strange rock formation at this location, I discovered that the modification I made to the graphics configuration meant that part of the background would show through the object in the foreground...  How odd.  So I had to change it back again to get some better photos. 


At least now I know what to do to make quick changes to get better photos, depending on what it is I'm taking photos of...


This one looks like the sun shining through the tentacles of some kind of space monster, with a pirate ship observing...


GF-3FL

I was wandering around looking at the planets in this system when another of the locals (hi PinkPanther86!) said hello, and that they were having a read of my blog. We talked for a little bit about whether or not I've been killed yet (I haven't), and they wished me well in my future travels.

I was about to finish up for the day and go off and watch a movie, when my OUCH CEO started chatting with me about some ideas he had.

Look in this space in the near future for some podcasts from yours truly.


See you next time!


Please DONATE to help me travel around New Eden

No comments:

Post a Comment