Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Around New Eden - Day 6

I decided to change the formatting of how I'm presenting information and photos. I think this way looks a lot better...

ZZ-ZWC

Upon arriving in ZZ I found another "Unidentified Cartel Hideout":
"Pirate hideouts are often found tucked away inside the deadspace pocket of a high security system or floating more openly in the lawless sectors of space, where they attract questionable clientele. For the Cartel, these places serve as a home and base of operations. At any given time, the occupants must be able to answer the call to arms or provide sanctuary to ranking members of the Cartel’s shadowy leadership."

I took a few photos of the hideout, taking note of the extensive damage to the infrastructure of the station. It looked like there'd been a lot of fighting here, with some explosions blowing out the sides. There were a few Cartel battleships and battlecruisers orbiting it, and I wondered how many Cartel people were still using the inside of the station, doing their best to survive.


You know, with all the power that the Angel Cartel is alleged to have, what with access to Jovian technology, you'd think they'd do a better job of repairing and maintaining their hideouts, wouldn't you....


But maybe it's just a ruse? Maybe the damaged appearance is just part of a camouflage cloak. Maybe there's a shining city inside the cloak that we just can't see, and may never see.


That's what I think the truth is....

I went back to G-G so I could go to the last two systems in this sector of the region.

UW9B-F

I arrived here just as a Dramiel warped in, so I maintained my gate cloak until he jumped through, and then had a quick look around this system. The local station (Guardian Angels Logistic Support) was of a design I couldn't remember seeing before, so I had to take a photo of it before moving on.


K-MGJ7

This is the home of my blogger buddy, Myrhial Arkenath. In my research today on the history of Curse, I discovered that she's been quite active around these parts, often working hand in hand with the Angel Cartel on many different kinds of illegal ventures.

I saw that there's an 'Abandoned Mining Colony' here, so of course I had to go have a look at it.


Throughout the history of space flight, countless mining corporations have tried and failed to strike it rich among the stars, fuelled by dreams of lucrative profits and grand adventures. All too often, however, these naïve dreams are met with the cold reality of ambivalent police forces and roving pirates that are all too eager to exploit the lax policing.






I had a wander around this location and took quite a few photos, as you can see. It was truly amazing the things they had done to this mining colony, how they had brought together a number of asteroids, drilled them out for housing and connected them with habitat sections. And there was a mining drill bigger than a battleship!


Just... wow.




Sadly, Myrhial wasn't here, and in fact the system was quite empty. It wasn't the busy hive of activity that she'd made it out to be. But then I remembered that we're in different timezones, and I was reminded that I will continue finding empty systems in my Australian timezone that are normally bustling with activity in the US and EU timezones.

But I don't mind. It just makes it that much easier for me to actually travel around unmolested.

I now had to travel eight jumps up the already explored pipe back to HLW, so I could continue on into uncharted territory.

Tip for new nullsec travellers: if you want to avoid being caught on mobile warp bubbles, warp to a planet that's near your departure gate first, before then warping to the departure gate. The reason for this is that it's far less likely the 'catch bubble' will catch you warping from the planet than warping from your arrival gate, if it's set up to catch ships approaching from that angle.  It will allow you to stay quite a bit safer than if you were to simply warp to the gate.

KLMT-W

I got a nice photo here of a ringed planet, but now it's time for bed.


Goodnight, and see you next time!



Please DONATE to help me travel around New Eden

No comments:

Post a Comment